THE LEGEND OF BANYUWANGI



Ø  SCENE 1
Raden Banterang             : This morning I’m going to hunt. Please! Prepare the tools.
Guard 1 and 2                    : Ok Raden… the tools are prepared.
Raden Banterang             : What do you think? Where are we going to hunt???
Guard 1 and 2                    : How about the forest? Because there are many antelopes pass there.
Raden Banterang             : Ok.. Let’s go now!
Guard 1 and 2                    : Ok Raden!

Raden Banterang             : Look! There is a nice and big antelope. I will arrow it.
                                                  Oh.. no.. It’s lost, I will chase it!
Guard 1 and 2                    : Wait Raden! Wait for us, Raden!
Guard 1                                                : Oh no! How come? We lost Raden’s trail.
Guard 2                                                : alright, we will wait him in the way of exit forest.
Raden Banterang             : Finally.. you are catched antelope!
                                                  Upss.. where are my guards? Hmm.. we separated, because I run quickly.
                                                  But, I’m sure, they would wait for me in the way of exit forest, because they
                                                  memorized my habit.

Raden Banterang             : Ehmm..  are you beautiful and graceful girl?
                                                  Is it true that she is a human? Or maybe, the gatekeeper this forest?
Surati                                    : I am human! My name is Surati, I’m from the kingdom of Klungkung.
Raden Banterang             : So, why you are here?
Surati                                    : I’m here for saving themselves from enemy attack.
                                                  My father was killed in the battle to maintain the Crown Royal.
Raden Banterang             : So, do you want to follow me to the palace and be my wife?
Surati                                    : Am I deserve to be your wife?
Raden Banterang             : Of course, you are a beautiful girl that I have ever met and only you that I want
                                                  to be my wife.
Surati                                    : With all humality, I want to receive this marriage. With one rule, you must be
                                                  loyal and take care of me.
Raden Banterang             : Without you ask, I will definitely do it. Because it is the duty of a warrior.

Guard 1                                                : That is Raden, but with whom?
                                                  Raden, are you ok? We were very worried, because we lost your trail in forest.
Raden Banterang             : Yes, because I was very excited for hunting that antelope. So, I forgot that you
                                                  joined. But, I’m graceful because while finding lovely heart.
Guard 2                                                : Thankfully, if you have got lovely heart. Raden, we are also happy, if you are
                                                  happy.
Raden Banterang             : Ok! Let’s go back to the palace and celebrate my wedding with Surati.
Guard 1 and 2                    : Ok Raden!



Ø  SCENE 2

Guard 1                                                : I’m sorry, Empress. I appear before.
Empress (Surati)               : Who is he? And why is he here?
Guard 1                                                : I don’t know. He really wants to meet you.
Empress (Surati)               : Well, bring him to here!
Guard 1                                                : Ok Empress.

Rupaksa                               : Surati! Surati! I am your brother.
Empress (Surati)               : Really? Are you my brother?
Rupaksa                               : Really, I don’t lie that I am your brother who has long separated with you in
                                                  the forest.
Empress (Surati)               : I’m sorry, I’m forget you.
Rupaksa                               : Actually, I’ve been looking for you and the I heard the name of queen of this
                                                  kingdom is Surati and she is my sister.
Empress (Surati)               : So, what is your purpose to come here?
Rupaksa                               : You hav to know, that caused our parents died is your parents in law.
Empress (Surati)               : You are not kidding right?
Rupaksa                               : What am I seen kidding? And I’m here to give you a dagger and use it to kill
                                                  your husband.
Empress (Surati)               : I don’t want, brother. Although he was the son of the murderer of our parents,
                                                  but, he has saved me and I love him.
Rupaksa                               : I’m very disappointed, because you don’t support my plan.
                                                  If you don’t want to kill your husband, save it under your pillow as gift from me



Ø  SCENE 3

Rupaksa                               : I worship you, Majesty! Majesty, your safety in danger because your wife have
                                                  a plan to kill you.
Raden Banterang             : Who are you? You slander my wife.
Rupaksa                               : It’s not important you know who I am. If you don’t believe me, look under your
                                                  wife pillow.
Raden Banterang             : Watch out, if you are lying to me. I will get my guard looked at you and give 
                                                  you the death penalty.

Raden Banterang             : Oh my God! There are a dagger under my wife pillow.
Empress (Surati)               : Whats happened? Kakanda seemed angry.
Raden Banterang             : Is it true, do you want to kill me with this dagger? Is that your respons to me?
Empress (Surati)               : Don’t accuse me, Kakanda! Adinda had no such intention.
Raden Banterang             : So, what for this dagger under your pillow?
Empress (Surati)               : This dagger is gift from my brother. Adinda really don’t want to kill Kakanda.
                                                  In fact, Adinda want to die for your safety, Kakanda.
Raden Banterang             : Kakanda didn’t believe with your saying again.
Empress (Surati)               : So, what is the way Kakanda believe in me?
Raden Banterang             : Prove it to me by go into the river to prove the truth.


Empress (Surati)               : Well, Adinda will jump into the river. If you have entered into the river and
                                                  turns the river water became clear and fragnant then innocent sister and vice
                                                  versa. If the water is murky and fetid guilty then my sister.
Raden Banterang             : Fragnant smell! Oh.. Dinda forgive me who have no trust you anymore.
                                                  So, I am as a king gave this town the name to be Banyuwangi.
                                                 

Komentar